Sunday, February 10, 2013

Series I Have Every Intention of Finishing ...

(Or at least get back on track with.) I enjoy both standalone books and series and probably read slightly more series books. What I love about series is the ease I can get into them especially after the first book. The world has been built, the characters have been introduced and I can focus on the plot. Even though I start many series it seems I have a hard time finishing them even when a series has been wrapped up. For series that are known to have major cliffhangers with the next installment being months or a year in the making, I often end up saving the book until a second release is closer. In other cases, I just stop reading and it's hard to get back into the series. So, these are a few series I have every intention of getting back on track with.


The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward

This was one of my first adult vampire books and I sunk my teeth into it right away. The way the characters talked and their over the top personalities really stood out. Plus they live in a pretty exciting paranormal world and the romance is hot! Hello, we're talking alpha vampire warriors here. I'm halfway through the series and I'm itching to get to Lover Reborn which I know is going to emotional. I've been trying to avoid spoilers regarding this book because I have a few more books to go.


       

The Night  Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost

Well, I love Cat and Bones together. They are one of my favorite paranormal characters. I only have a couple of books to go so I can definitely catch up if I can just find myself the time and mood to read it. I just have to remind myself of Bone's accent and their adventures to motivate myself.







The Lakeshore Chronicles series by Susan Wiggs

I actually started this series out of order but for the most part it was fine and they could be read by itself. I do want to fill in the missing stories from the characters. I like visiting this town and the stories are always so sweet. It's mostly the earlier books I need to read and hopefully I can get to the newest installment even though that character's story doesn't appeal to me like the others.

  



The In Death series by J.D. Robb

To be fair I only recently started this series and considering how many books are in it (36 books and counting), I know I won't finish it anytime soon. I do want to read more of the books and see what Eve and Roarke are up to. I'm still in the early books and am curious to see how the series develop.




 


The Colorado Mountain series by Kristen Ashley

I'm a big fan of Kristen Ashley's books and have already read the first two...only the last time I visited this series was months ago. Even though there are so far only four books in the series and I am halfway through, they are long books and I'm not a speedy reader. Still I know I'll get to them because her books are so enjoyable.






No comments: