Saturday, December 15, 2012

Have You Seen these Puffin Classics?

Photo credit: http://www.puffin.co.uk/
Calling all books lovers, or more likely, book collectors to check out these Puffin Classics. They are newly redesigned hardcovers of classic books. I've seen them around and I really like them! They would look perfect on shelves and are pretty from the spine even. Plus, they are classics and who couldn't use a set of them? I love books but I am trying to not hoard so much of them, the print books at least. I have my keepers, though. I'm tempted by these. I don't read classics every day or often but I wouldn't mind seeing this collection around and will likely read more often if I did have them. I think these are really targeted at book collectors and meant to last. Plus, the whole family can enjoy them for years to come. I think they'd make wonderful gifts for book lovers. However, if you're looking to just read them once and don't want a significant collection taking up space, you may not need these beauties.


So, are these keepers for you


 

A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
The Call of the Wild by Jack London
The Adventures of Robin Hood by Richard Green
Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
The Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum

These covers could certainly entice a young reader to try a classic.